reddeadvagabonds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its good to be bad

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

anyone have connection issues....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jess311420
PS3 Leader
PS3 Leader
jess311420

anyone have connection issues.... Empty
PostSubject: anyone have connection issues....   anyone have connection issues.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:51 pm

a fellow clan member asked me to join today and we could not connect at all. kept telling me "your network configuration cannot connect to the game mode you are trying to join"
i have an open nat type so this puzzled me a bit. i just read that if someone has a nat type 3, wich means restricted nat) you might not be able to connect to em.
nat type1 = open (no restriction)
nat type2 = minimal restriction
nat type3 = restricted
if any of us have any issues just let me know whats going on and we can fix it. im gonna put up a couple youtube videos that will explain how to open your nat and port forward for ps3 and red dead redemption. i would like to encourage anyone that can add anything to do so.
i would like to add that even if you have nat 3, you can still connect to most other games with no problem wich leads me to beleive r* sucks at game hosting and their servers are probably not the greatest.
Back to top Go down
jess311420
PS3 Leader
PS3 Leader
jess311420

PostSubject: Re: anyone have connection issues....   anyone have connection issues.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:37 am

here is a quick video to get started. this video actually covers everything but it dont show you exactly how to port forward because different routers go about it just a little differently. but it does tell you where to go to find out. so ill post the port numbers for ps3, and there is one port number for red dead redemption.
here is the link...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5bIMXZ0-pM&feature=related
any questions..just ask
edit: i have added a link to port forward.com to get started. choose the router you have and the game your doing it for. and be sure to skip any advertisements in by clicking the 'skip the add.' in the upper right hand corner.
http://portforward.com/
edit: PS3 Red Dead Redemption requires you to forward the following ports: 2005,3074,3075,3478,5223. when entering these ports make sure to change the tcp and udp to both. all these numbers gotta run both ways...however, that depends on your router how to do it. and if you cant do it....just follow the directions on port forward.com
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: anyone have connection issues....   anyone have connection issues.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:31 pm

i have a type 2 with available UPnP my connection isn't bad its just today i dunno what was up my connection was messed up, it was the first time in like.. 6 months that i had problems in RDR, hopefully next time i won't have the same problem
also i've done what the video said same results, type 2 and available UPnP
Back to top Go down
LegendKiller
Admin
LegendKiller

PostSubject: Re: anyone have connection issues....   anyone have connection issues.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:10 am

I have NAT type 2. I don't have much problems with my connections. Sometimes it says, tough: "you where removed from the free roam because of connection issues with other players". I think when you have NAT 3 you realy in trouble.
Back to top Go down
https://reddeadvagabonds.forumotion.com
jess311420
PS3 Leader
PS3 Leader
jess311420

PostSubject: Re: anyone have connection issues....   anyone have connection issues.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:43 am

@ronny
thats what it'll normaly say, however, a couple pointers.....even when you open your nat, most of the time it will say nat type 2, because you cant connect with some type 3's.
and yes if you have type 3, its hard to connect with anyone one who has type 2 or better. so its just best to open your nat. and if you live in the USA, we dont have as good laws for internet connection as like the UK or Japan. for instance, UK laws state that your internet service provider has to have very good upload and download speed, the US laws dont require that. i guess South America is worse than us though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone have connection issues....   anyone have connection issues.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone have connection issues....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
reddeadvagabonds :: Clan business :: deleted forum-
Jump to: